User Agreement & Return Policy
Before placing an order with us, we ask that you please read the COLLECTORS-BADGES.COM policy first to enjoy an easy experience. Below, we have outlined instructions, our shipping policy, and everything you need to know about returns.
You must read the User Agreement and register with us before we can process any orders for you. We take verification of registration information seriously and don’t read any applications with missing fields. If you place an order and do not receive it, you either did not register or did not read the email we sent saying that your registration was rejected. To use this site, you must agree to:
- Keep this hobby fun and safe for everyone.
- Register via the Registration tab before making any purchases.
- Never use a badge for any unlawful purpose.
- Verify your identity through emails and phone calls.
- Please read Title 18 (US Law & Code).
You acknowledge that you have read and understand the federal rules (US Law & Code). That you, the buyer, agree to abide fully with such federal statutes, and any violation is done so at your risk. COLLECTORS-BADGES.COM & Executive Resources Group, its servants, agents, principals, shareholders, and employees will be indemnified and held harmless by every purchaser or site user. You agree to defend, pay reasonable attorney fees, and indemnify COLLECTORS-BADGES.COM & Executive Resources Groups, its agents, principals, shareholders, servants, and employees as a result of any litigation, civil and/or criminal that arise out of and/or related to the use of or transaction from this website by you. By using this site, you agree to these terms.
All suspicious activity will be reported to the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Every item displays a price and short description.
- If you have any questions about an item, please ask before you purchase.
- All badges are authentic, with the exception of those on the “Seconds & Reproductions” and “Gode” pages. Some are Hallmarked, others are not. To learn more, contact us before placing an order.
- All pictures are of the actual item.
- Sales are first come, first serve. This means if the item sold a few minutes before you place your order, your order is not processed. If this happens, we will email you to let you know.
- We accept American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, PayPal, and money orders.
- Although money order is an option, we reserve the right not to accept them as payment for badges.
- Almost everything we sell ships USPS Mail, insured with delivery confirmation. However, we will not ship any badges to a PO box. We must have a real address, and it must be the same one that you registered with. Shipments to destinations outside of the continental United States may include additional shipping charges.
- We reserve the right to deny any orders with delivery addresses outside the continental US.
- We reserve the right to reject any registrations submitted by any individual in any country considered hostile by the US Government, the international community, or based on our own business decisions.
- We will not ship to any country considered hostile by the US Government, the international community, or based on our own business decisions.
- All sales are final. We do not guarantee that we will accept a return unless we ship you the wrong item.
- All suspicious activity will be reported to the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
Suspension, Revocation, and User Responsibility
Any of the following scenarios may be cause for suspension or revocation of your approved user status. Should your account fall under any of these scenarios, we will send you an email of notification.
- Failure to follow through on 2 or more transactions without reasonable cause shall result in revocation.
- Name, address, email address, and/or phone number(s) can no longer be verified. We typically run a re-verification if our email to you bounces back, so please tell us about any email or address changes.
- We receive any information from any source which would cause us to be suspicious of your reasons for buying a law enforcement shield.
- User Inactivity: Your status may be revoked after one year or more of inactivity.
- It is the responsibility of all of our registered users to keep us informed of any changes to personal information. This includes address, phone numbers, email, and any other changes from your original registration application. You may also update your information in our email database by selecting the link at the bottom of all of our monthly update emails.
Due to PayPal policies regarding seller protection, the following changes are effective for all purchases where PayPal is used as the payment method:
All international shipments of $250 or more where PayPal is used as the payment method will be shipped via registered, insured mail and will incur an additional fee of $35 per package over and above the shipping cost shown on your sales receipt.
All domestic shipments of $250 or more where PayPal is used as the payment method will be shipped Priority Mail, insured, with adult signature required. These will incur an additional charge of $5 per package over and above the shipping cost shown on your sales receipt.
Your submission of a purchase constitutes your agreement and acceptance of these additional shipping costs where applicable. Note that revocation of your user status is non-reversible. Suspension of your status remains in effect until the issues surrounding the suspension can be cleared up. We apologize for the need to make and enforce these rules due to such a minuscule number of irresponsible users. However, it is our responsibility to take any steps necessary to ensure our site is used only by responsible collectors.
Returns for Badges, Buckles, and Other Insignia
We have deliberately kept this return policy simple and clear. If you have more questions, please ask before you make a purchase. We will accept badge returns under the following conditions:
- We send you the wrong one.
- We send you a badge that was described incorrectly regarding hallmarks, etc.
- You find out later that the “Issued” badge we sold you is not actually an “Issued” badge. This must be verifiable; most police departments and badge manufacturers send you a letter or email to this effect.
- You contact us and get approval via an RMA (return material authorization) before you return the item.
- You return the item, and we get it.
We will not accept badge returns for the following reasons:
- Your life partner doesn’t want you to have it.
- You decided you don’t like it or can’t afford it.
- It doesn’t fit into your collection.
- The person you bought it for doesn’t like it.
- You got it as a present and don’t want it.
- Someone else bought you one, and you didn’t know it.
- You bought it by mistake.
We will not accept returns of any Collectible Firearms.